Google updated the Gmail for both Desktop and Mobile App, introduced a new way to manage your inbox. This new inbox shows number of tabs at the top of Gmail’s inbox.
This tabs is used for automatically categorizes your messages into them - for your social updates from sites like Google+, Twitter, Facebook or YouTube, promotions from the likes of Google Offers and Groupon, and a kind of catch-all "Updates" tab for your bills, receipts and similar messages.
You can easily customize the Emails in your new inbox - select the tabs you want from all five to none, drag-and-drop to move messages between tabs, set certain senders to always appear in a particular tab and star messages so that they also appear in the Primary tab.
This update, which will started rolling out for all Gmail users, will be available on both the desktop and through Google’s mobile apps for iOS and Android, which should get an update early next week.
If you can’t wait, also keep an eye on the gear menu. Just follow the steps below, you will be able to turn this new feature on manually.
Steps to Enable New Gmail inbox
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Click on the gear icon on top right corner
- Then select "Configure inbox" from drop down
- The pop up window shows you to select the tabs you want, just select and
- Then click Save button, Shows "Welcome Message"
- Click Okay, got it!
- That's it, now you enjoy your inbox with new Feature.